Domestic Violence Defense Lawyers Serving Clients in Fort Worth, Southlake & Grapevine
In Texas, an individual may be charged with family or domestic violence in cases of physical, sexual or psychological abuse against family members, a current or former spouse or partner, a roommate or a foster child.
The domestic violence defense lawyers at Goza & Carreras, Attorneys at Law, PC aggressively represent clients in Colleyville, Southlake and Grapevine. As former prosecutors, our attorneys understand the complex nature of family violence cases and the importance of mounting an effective defense against your charges. We have the skill and knowledge needed to help you explore all defense strategies, including plea negotiations, court trial and pre-trial domestic violence diversion programs.
We Offer Aggressive Defense Against All Family Violence Charges
The state of Texas maintains strict family violence laws, with multiple levels of charges levied against those accused of harming a relative or household members.
We represent clients charged with all types of family violence offense, including:
- Domestic assault: Individuals who commit physical violence or make threats of physical violence against a family member or household member may be charged with domestic assault. For individuals without a prior history of related charges, domestic assault is classified as a misdemeanor. If a history of family violence exists, domestic assault may be classified as a felony offense.
- Aggravated domestic assault: Individuals who cause serious physical violence or commit violence or make threats of violence involving a deadly weapon may be charged with aggravated domestic violence. Aggravated domestic violence is classified as a first or second degree felony in the state of Texas.
- Continuous violence against the family: Individuals who commit multiple domestic assaults in a 12-month period may face additional charges of continuous violence against the family. A third degree felony, continuous violence against the family carries stiff penalties in addition to those stemming from the underlying domestic assault charges.
A conviction of any family violence charge can carry no contact orders, stiff fines, lengthy jail sentences, restitution and other penalties, making it important to mount an aggressive defense.
We Protect Your Future, Your Career and Your Image
If not handled properly, the stigma associated with family violence cases last for years. We are proactive in all aspects of your criminal proceedings to protect against unnecessary harm.
We offer concierge-like legal representation that includes:
- Private appointments: Our attorneys and support staff are happy to meet with you in your home or another private location. By offering meetings outside of our offices, we hope to limit your stress and public exposure throughout your legal proceedings.
- End-to-end advice: Criminal proceedings are just one result of an arrest. Your charges may also impact your professional license or employment contract. We offer advice on all aspects of your arrest and charges to help you avoid unnecessary harm.
From the moment you retain our firm, we begin the process of drafting legal strategies to combat your charges and logistical strategies to protect your career, lifestyle, family and future.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Legal Options
At Goza & Carreras, we do everything in our power to protect your rights, your future and your well-being against the damage caused by a family violence conviction. Call us at 817-369-3838 or contact our Texas criminal defense firm online. We represent clients in Colleyville, Southlake and Grapevine.