Comprehensive Federal Crimes Defense Representation in Fort Worth, Southlake & Colleyville
Certain criminal offenses, including those that cross state lines, are charged at the federal level. At Goza & Carreras, Attorneys at Law, PC, our federal crimes defense attorneys represent clients in Fort Worth, Colleyville, Southlake and Grapevine. As former prosecutors with 35 years of combined experience, we have the skill and knowledge needed to help you mount an effective defense against even the most complex federal charges.
We represent clients charged with a wide range of federal offenses, including:
- Drug charges
- Weapons offenses
- Identity theft
- Tax fraud
Mounting a defense at the federal level requires a detailed knowledge of the law, extensive experience and an aggressive approach. Our attorneys have represented many clients in federal cases, allowing us to provide the effective defense you deserve.
Why Are Federal Crimes Different?
Criminal offenses may be charged at the state or federal level, depending upon the type of offense, the location and the details of the case. Understanding the differences between a state-level charge and a federal charge is key to your future.
There are many differences between state and federal charges, including the:
- Penalties: Federal crimes carry stiff penalties, including incarceration in a federal penitentiary, stiff fines and more. Combatting these penalties is key to your future.
- Prosecution: Federal prosecutors, or United States Assistant Attorneys, often are better funded, better equipped and better trained than their state-level counterparts. This allows the prosecution to better gather evidence, identify witnesses and create an aggressive case against individuals charged with federal offenses.
- Process: Federal criminal proceedings often take more time and involve more steps than state-level offenses. In most cases, individuals charged with federal crimes are denied bail or cannot afford to post bail, leaving them imprisoned for the duration of proceedings. Individuals released on bail in federal cases are held to strict conditions and supervision throughout the process.
Our lawyers help you understand the challenges associated with federal crimes, as well as your options for mounting an aggressive defense against your charges.
A Higher Level of Representation
Combatting federal charges requires skill, knowledge and commitment. Limiting the impact to your life and career takes a higher level of legal representation.
We offer unmatched support throughout your legal proceedings, including:
- Full case management: Every aspect of a federal criminal case requires detailed attention. We handle everything from start to finish, from filing documents and gathering information to appearing on your behalf in court whenever possible.
- Privacy protection: Shielding your family, career and lifestyle from the federal criminal process is important. To lend you some semblance of privacy, and to limit stress during your proceedings, we meet with you in your home or a private location rather than our offices.
Our criminal defense team fights to protect your career, your future and your family from the damage caused by federal charges.
Contact Our Federal Defense Attorneys to Discuss Your Legal Options
Federal criminal proceedings are disruptive and frightening. At Goza & Carreras, we provide the aggressive defense guidance and support you need to combat federal charges. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your federal defense needs, call us at 817-369-3838 or contact us online. We represent clients in Colleyville, Southlake and Grapevine.